Saturday, January 31, 2009


I read a fascinating article the other day in (you guessed it) O Magazine. So it turns out, we all fall neatly into one of four categories: explorer, builder, director or negotiator. Which of these four categories we belong to determines what type of partner is our best fit. I suppose I should give you the run-down of each personality:


Explorer: Curious, creative, spontaneous, many interests, take risks, wants a playmate.

Builder: Conventional, loyal, detail-oriented, popular, wants a helper.

Director: logical, emotionally reserved, competitive, wants a mind mate.

Negotiator: Intuitive, emotionally expressive, good communicator, wants a soul mate.


Can you guess which category I fit into? I am an explorer, believe it or not. This article solidifies my suspicions; when it comes to men, I have been barking up the wrong tree. According to the article, explorers are best with other explorers, builders with builders and directors with negotiators. I am relatively certain that most of the guys I've dated are directors; a terrible combination! What I really need, and have always wanted, is a playmate. Do you think I'll be able to find one by Feb. 14th? Did I mention explorers are highly optimistic?

No comments: